How to get involved
Have you heard of Give as you Live? One of the most simple ways you can get involved in helping us is to quite literally do nothing at all. Well Almost! Click on anyone of the links over our website and it will take a few short steps to sign up. You then add the icon to your tool bar. From then on, each time you shop, the retailer will donate a certain percentage to The Admiral Trust. Simple and effortless!
However, you may wish to be far more active in your approach to getting involved. In which case the below options may be far more suited to you!
Not all events that raise money for the Admiral Trust have to be hosted by us! You could do one of the following
- Hold a Cake Sale
- Do a sponsored bungee jump
- Host a coffee morning
- Design and sell your own Christmas Cards
Top Fundraising Hints and Tips
- Find the ideal event space – consider all the options, indoor or out door, big or small, will you need electricity and water? If you let people know its for a charity, they may offer discount
- Make a realistic budget – calculate what you hope to raise after you have covered your costs
- Time – make sure you have given yourself plenty of time to plan and get things sorted when setting the date. You also need to give enough time for people to get in their diaries!
- Share your target – set your fundraising goal and don’t be afraid to let people know what it is.
- Spread the word – tell people why you are doing your event. Personal stories help motivate others and Social Media is an incredible tool for getting your story out there!
- Have fun with what you are doing – make sure you enjoy it